Liberty Source, LP provides assessment and data analytic services to school districts. All tools and services maintain the confidentiality and security of records in compliance state and federal laws in the United States. These laws pertain to the security and privacy of personal information. We are committed to updating our policies as regulations change and to maintain the trust of our districts to safeguard their data.
Liberty Source compliance includes, but not limited to:
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) (15 USC 6501 et seq.)
- California Student Online Personal Information Protection Act (SOPIPA)
- California Assembly Bill 1584 (AB 1584)
- Connecticut Conn. Gen. Stat. Ann. § 10-234aa-dd
- New York Education Law §2-d
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
Data collected by Liberty Source will only be used only for intended purposes and that those responsible for student data take reasonable precautions to prevent misuse of it, including any records that directly relate to a student and at are maintained by an educational agency or institution or by a party acting for the agency or institution.
Liberty Source relies on the licensed school district to receive and maintain appropriate consent and authorization for a student under 13 to use Liberty Source services and products. All data collected by Liberty Source is for the express purposed of providing educational services and tools. Liberty Source collects limited personal information from minor students only where that student’s school or district has an active contract with Liberty Source.
Liberty Source does not disclose any personally identifiable information to a third party without the prior written consent of the district; or unless required by statute or court order.
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- A student’s name;
- A personal identifier, such as a student’s social security number or student number;
- Other indirect identifiers, such as a student’s date of birth;
- The name of a student’s parent or other family members;
- The contact information of a student or a student’s family;
Liberty Source is committed to protect the online privacy of all of district users, including students, parents, teachers, and administrators. These privacy policies and security practices use secure encryption technology to protect data during transmission and in storage with a technology or methodology specified by the secretary of the United States department of health and human services in guidance issued under Section 13402(H)(2) of Public Law 111-5.. Although no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, Liberty Source uses standard best-practices to mitigate risk. Liberty Source shall not be liable if a security breach occurs, if the site malfunctions, or if information is misused or mismanaged in any way to the detriment of the district or a third party.
Liberty Source’s applications and services include links to third party sites. Any links are outside the Liberty Source purview and are not covered under this policy. Liberty Source accepts no responsibility for any actions or use of personally identifiable information by such third parties.
Students’ parents or guardians may be granted access to Liberty Source tools and services. Access is triggered by the district providing contact details for the parents, or by use of the student’s login information. Liberty Source is not responsible for any misuse by parents or guardians.
Data within the Liberty Source data warehouse contains personally identifiable data. To protect the confidentiality of this information, the following guidelines are in place for the Liberty Source data warehouse:
- All employees must sign a confidentiality agreement that all information gained while accessing student data is protected.
- Data shall only be used for the intended purposes agreed to between the school district and Liberty Source.
- Personally identifiable data will not be shared with any 3rd party without the expressed written consent of the school district.
Liberty Source reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time.